2.05.2017

2017: A Year of Effort

We are now elbow deep into the New Year and I have mixed emotions. On one hand, 2017 will (hopefully) be a year of progress for my family. We are planning to pay off more debt, get some projects done around the house, and of course, continue watching our #LittleLadyHolland grow up while making us simultaneously laugh and pull our hair out.

But I feel like 2017 will also be a year of anti-progress. After all, we only have less than two weeks left under the Obama Administration and President-Elect Trump will be sworn in soon. Day to day, life might not change much for me because I am a married, heterosexual female firmly rooted in the middle class. But that's a privilege that doesn't apply to everyone and I fear for what 2017 has in store for millions of American families and frankly, families all around the globe. I could go on forever and write dozens of blog posts explaining exactly what terrifies me about the incoming administration and the items on Congress' purported agenda, but I'll spare you for now. Suffice it to say that I'm not looking forward to much of it.

1 comment :

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS